This little town, though being small, has brought me so much peace in my life. Born and raised in the city but everything out here has captivated me.
I trade lights for stars
My life has changed greatly this past year! I am 12 weeks pregnant with my first child and experiencing everything that comes with pregnancy and home life transitioning to accompany our little one. Trinity has be so supportive and I love him so much. He’s is excited to be a father and teach her all the things he thinks she’ll need in her life.
Our relationship has grown as well. We’ve connected on a deeper level since I opened up about a lot. I’m not a person to talk about my personal life, emotions etc. and he’s the first one I’ve trusted…..ever….with my past. I still feel vulnerable but I know I am safe from judgement. He loves that I told him and it shocked me that he wanted to know. Im not used to people caring that much to just sit and listen. Theres more I want to tell him…but in time. Im just happy and I thank god everyday for my child and my family.
My connection with Mother Gaia has grown as well. I feel as if her roots extend into my womb and the closeness I share with her is nothing like I thought it could be. I can feel and hear here whispers and see the signs she sends me. She grounds me and keeps me calm.
'Goddess of the 7 Sacred Flames'
Oil on wood - approx. 40cm x 70cm
By Tobius Millar 2013
5 Things They Don’t Teach you in Highschool:
1) You’re going to leave the house at 2AM, 16 with nothing in your pockets but 50 bucks and a bus ticket. It won’t feel real. You’re going to think you’re leaving, but you aren’t going anywhere.
2) Swallow your fucking pride and go back inside. Lock your bedroom door, put your hands over your ears, bring your knees to your chest and when you’re ready, let your walls disintegrate and the sadness flood in, because baby I promise you, you’ll feel better if you just let yourself drown. Even if it’s the third goddamn time that week.
3) He’s going to taste like Newports, Trident spearmint and desperation. You’re going to taste like Lime-a-Rita’s and anxiety. You will tell yourself you need this. But you don’t. I promise you. You don’t. You don’t.
4) You’re going to have girlfriends who fall for boys who treat them like absolute shit. Do not learn from them. If a boy calls you a bitch, spit in his face and leave.
5) Do it even if it’s the hardest thing you’ve ever had to do. Even if you’re still convinced that he was hiding galaxies beneath his skin. Because baby I promise you, he was the always dark night sky and you were always the full moon. No question bout’ it.